The new Gucci Hub now resides in a retired 1915 aeronautical factory in Milan. Local firm Piuarch revived and renovated the former Caproni factory complex to include design offices, showrooms, and photography and design studios across 376,737 square feet of space. In order to maintain the integrity of the structure and historical charm, the architects re-purposed a 41,441 square foot aircraft hangar into a mixed-use space. Additionally, the adaptive reuse project demolished buildings from the 60s and 70s and transformed them into public spaces with vertical gardens. A new six-story office building with glass facades framed in reused metal elements from the original structure will be constructed at the center of the hub. Utilizing a photovoltaic solar system, the building will run on renewable energy.