On July 7, the National Endowment for the Arts announced direct grants to nonprofit arts organizations totaling nearly $30 million. The grants were funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. More than 600 arts organizations throughout the U.S. were awarded grants, with the majority receiving either $25,000 or $50,000.
Thirteen design-related groups and institutions were allocated a total of $625,000 in grant money, including:
- American Architectural Foundation ($50,000)
- Architecture for Humanity ($50,000)
- Architectural League of New York ($50,000)
- Chicago Architecture Foundation ($50,000)
- Los Angeles Forum for Architecture and Urban Design ($25,000)
- National Building Museum ($50,000)