Economic realities likely mean your vacation plans have been downsized, if not scrapped altogether. Well, there's always business travel. If a client meeting or other workday matter takes you to a city listed below, consider a microgetaway to check out the local design lauded by Condé Naste Traveler. Is it great architecture? That's for you to decide.
- Burj Dubai, Dubai—Adrian Smith
- Cumulus Building, Nordborg—Jürgen Mayer H.
- Kogod Courtyard, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C.,—Norman Foster
- Michael Lee-Chin Crystal, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto—Daniel Libeskind
- New Museum, New York City—SANAA
- Red Ribbon, Tanghe River Park, Qinhuangdao—Turenscape
- Wembley Museum, London—Norman Foster