Product Description, ApplicationsSunStar Solar Pool Systems provide cost-effective, energy-efficient pool heating year-round in warm climates and extend the swimming season in colder climates. The system heats thousands of gallons of water at temperatures to 95 degrees F and can be used in conjunction with an existing pool heater.
The SunStar system works by absorbing solar radiation during the day to heat the solar collectors. The existing pool pump circulates pool water through the solar panel collectors where the water is heated and then transferred back into the pool. The desired pool temperature is set and maintained via the system’s programmable controller.
SunStar solar collectors can be roof, ground or rack mounted in any area near the pool that provides the proper exposure, orientation and tilt toward the sun. Because the system operates based on collecting energy from solar radiation, it will continue to heat the pool even during overcast conditions.
- Sleek, aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Zero operating costs
- Significantly reduces or eliminates utility bills for pool heating
- Lightweight, single-piece construction ,
- No seams or welds that produce stress or age cracks
- Does not require glazing, insulation or metal components, making it less susceptible to corrosion and freeze damage than metal collectors ,
- Can withstand 140 mph winds
- Guaranteed not to discolor the pool
- Virtually no maintenance required
- Non-polluting, sustainable resource ensures independent energy supply
- Eligible for federal and/or state tax credit programs; may also be eligible for available local utility rebates
- Meets LEED® eligibility for on-site renewable energy
- Available in 8 models to meet a variety of size and performance requirements
- 12-year limited warranty