Initially a vital reservoir serving the neighboring communities of Boston, the property was vacant and abandoned for almost 50 years before it was acquired by a local municipality for a new soccer field and supporting restroom building. The original 1887 Gatehouse restoration was funded by public seed money and state historic grants for full masonry re-pointing, new red slate and copper roof, and painted wood windows. Its interior uses are being evaluated as a museum and community event space under a future phase. Essential to the programming of the site is the inclusion of a new restroom building. The careful site placement, accessible relationships, and material detailing were central to connecting the design language of the “modern” to the “historic” and its overall sense of place.