Welch Allyn, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of frontline medical diagnostic equipment. It is a family owned company with a corporate philosophy of projecting a discrete and understated image.
Welch Allyn wanted to bring their two separate locations into a single larger facility, plan for future growth and improve the functionality of their entire campus. The design needed to provide functional improvements in their entire operations, manufacturing, administrative space, employee access and amenities as well as creating a new corporate image respectful of the founder's philosophy.
The project involved renovating their existing facility in Skaneateles Falls and two building additions.
• Consolidate operations into the main facility.
• Change the face and image of the company to communicate the company’s global role as a high-tech medical equipment manufacturer, while maintaining the discrete and understated corporate philosophy.
• Create a work environment to facilitate recruitment and retention of employees with special focus on Research and Development to foster creative engineering.
• Use a sustainable design approach and take advantage of the site's features to achieve LEED Gold Certification.
• Develop a comprehensive plan for the entire campus, to improve accessibility, functionality and employee amenities while taking advantage of a privileged natural setting.