Do you teach a studio course at an accredited architecture school? If so, we invite you to enter the 2017 ARCHITECT Studio Prize. The program, launched last year, recognizes thoughtful, innovative, and ethical studio courses at accredited architecture schools. There's also prize money made available by the program's exclusive sponsor, Sloan. (Check out last year's winners.)
Submissions will be reviewed by the 2017 Studio Prize jury: Mitch McEwen, partner at A(n) Office and principal of McEwen Studio, both based in Detroit; Renée Cheng, a professor and the associate dean of research at the University of Minnesota's School of Architecture; and Carlos Jiménez, principal and lead designer of Houston-based Carlos Jiménez Studio.
Interested in submitting your course? Here's how to enter:
1. Visit the Studio Prize website: https://www.studioprize.com
2. Read all about the eligibility guidelines, the categories, the submission process, and the needed entry materials. And then click on the "Click here to enter now" at the bottom of the page.
3. Enter your email and password to log in to an existing application, or create a new account.
4. Complete the first registration section.
5. Pay the $45 administrative fee (and an additional $25 late fee, if registering after
June 23 June 30).
6. Proceed to the second section of the application, where you will be asked to provide additional information about the studio course and upload examples of student work.
7. Submit all materials by
June 23, 2017, at 11:59 PM EDT June 30 at 11:59 PM EST. Late entries are due by June 27, 2017 July 7 at 11:59 PM EST.
Good luck! Email [email protected] with any questions.