The AIA has named the 2010 recipients of the Institute Honor Awards, which celebrate excellence in architecture, interior architecture, and urban design. The 28 winners, chosen from more than 700 submissions, will be honored at the AIA's national convention in Miami this June. For more information on each project, visit aia.org.
Jury: Richard Maimon (chair), KieranTimberlake; Jeanne Gang, Studio/Gang Architects; Sam Grawe, Dwell; Jeffrey Lee, Pearce Brinkley Cease Lee; Justine Lewis, AIAS representative; Miguel Rivera Agosto, Miró Rivera Architects; Mark Simon, Centerbrook Architects and Planners; H. Ruth Todd, Page Turnbull Architects; William Turner Jr., Shears Adkins Architects.
• Alice Tully Hall, New York: Diller Scofidio + Renfro and FXFowle Architects
• Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture, Columbus, Ohio: Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects
• Beauvoir; Biloxi, Miss.: Albert Associates Architects
• Brochstein Pavilion and Central Quad, Houston: Thomas Phifer and Partners
• Camino Nuevo High School, Los Angeles: Daly Genik
• Campus Restaurant and Event Space, Stuttgart, Germany: Barkow Leibinger Architects
• Macallen Building, Boston: Office dA and Burt Hill
• Outpost; Central Idaho: Olson Kundig Architects
• Serta International Center, Hoffman Estates, Ill.: Epstein | Metter Studios
• Skirkanich Hall; Philadelphia; Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects
• Step Up on 5th; Santa Monica, Calif.: Pugh + Scarpa
• TKTS Booth and the Revitalization of Father Duffy Square, New York: Perkins Eastman, Choi Ropiha, and PKSB Architects
• Urban Outfitters Corporate Campus, Philadelphia: Meyer, Scherer & Rockcastle
• Yale University Art Gallery/Kahn Building Renovation, New Haven, Conn.: Polshek Partnership Architects
Jury: Daniel Wheeler (chair), Wheeler Kearns Architects; David Hart, Utah Capitol Preservation Board; Audrey Matlock, Audrey Matlock Architect; Audrey Stokes O'Hagan, Audrey O’Hagan Architect; Clive Wilkinson, Clive Wilkinson Architects.
• The Cathedral of Christ the Light, Oakland, Calif.; Skidmore, Owings Merrill LLP and Kendall/Heaton Associates
• Chanel Robertson Boulevard, Los Angeles: Peter Marino Architect
• Craftsteak, New York: Bentel & Bentel Architects
• Data, Omaha, Neb.: Randy Brown Architects
• Exeter Schools Multipurpose Space, Exeter, Mo.: Dake Wells Architecture
• Historic Central Park West Residence, New York: Shelton, Mindel & Associates
• Vera Wang Boutique (Soho), New York: Gabellini Sheppard Associates
REGIONAL AND URBAN DESIGN
Jury: John Torti (chair), Torti Gallas & Partners; Lance Jay Brown, Lance Jay Brown Architecture and Urban Design; Brenda Scheer, University of Utah College of Architecture + Planning; Edward Uhlir, Uhlir Consulting; Debby Wieneke, Habitat for Humanity of Benton County.
• A Civic Vision for the Central Delaware River; Philadelphia: Wallace Roberts & Todd
• Connections: MacArthur Park District Master Plan, Little Rock, Ark.: Conway+ Schulte Architects
• Greenwich South Strategic Framework, New York: Architecture Research Office
• The U.S. House Office Buildings Facilities Plan and Preliminary South Capitol Area Plan, Washington, D.C.: Wallace Roberts & Todd
• Monumental Core Framework Plan, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government
• Ryerson University Master Plan, Toronto: Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects
• Savannah East Riverfront Extension, Savannah, Ga.: Sottile & Sottile