From April 6 to April 8, ARCHITECT will be hosting ARCHITECT Connections and Hanley Wood University Live, a concurrent educational and networking event that brings together designers and building product manufacturers to share insights about design, technology, and innovation. The virtual three-day event comprises an educational series interspersed with opportunities to meet one-on-one with product suppliers—all from the comfort of wherever you are working these days. The HWU Live series comprises 11 sessions, offering up to 11 AIA Learning Units (three are pending course approval). Between presentations, registrants can also apply to meet individually with as many as eight suppliers in 20-minute blocks as part of ARCHITECT Connections. The entire event is free to attend.
The schedule for the educational session follows (all times in Eastern Daylight Time). See the ARCHITECT Connections website for the latest schedule, partner information, and registration details.
April 6, 2021
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m: Adapting Underutilized Spaces for the Future (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring ARCHITECT editor Wanda Lau (moderator); Perkins&Will associate principal Jane Greenthal; Jaklitsch/Gardner Architects principal Mark Gardner, AIA; and Ask Studio principal Brent Schipper, AIA
- 1 p.m.–2 p.m.: Bird Friendly Glazing Challenges and Solutions (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Vitro Architectural Glass national architecture manager, Northeast region, Steve Cohen
- 3 p.m.–4 p.m.: Commercial Door Operators: A UL 325 Safety Standard Review (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Chamberlain Liftmaster senior specialist, architect and specifier group, Brian Valdez
- 5 p.m.–6 p.m.: Effective Waterproofing (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring W.R. Meadows sales manager/product group manager, building envelope, Russ Snow
April 7, 2021
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Strengthening Your Business Model and Mission for 2021 and Beyond (AIA 1.00 LU | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Lynes founder and principal Dimitrius Lynch (moderator); Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects principal Marsha Maytum, FAIA; Practice of Architecture founder Evelyn Lee, FAIA; and Perkins Eastman co-CEO and executive director Shawn Basler, AIA
- 1 p.m.–2 p.m.: Silicone Coatings: An Alternative to Ceramic Frit for Spandrel Glass (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring ICD High Performance Coatings architectural specialist Kate Stewart
- 3 p.m.–4 p.m.: Stone Wool Acoustic Ceilings for Health and Well-Being (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Rockfon manager of business development and architectural development Diana Hart
- 5 p.m.–6 p.m.: Code-Recognized Magnesium Oxide Panel Applications for Acoustic and Fire-Rated Systems (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Huber Engineered Wood business development manager Brian Shores
April 8, 2021
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: High Performance Rainscreen Design with Insulated Panels (AIA 1.00 LU/HSW | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Kingspan director of sustainability Brent Trenga
- 1 p.m.–2 p.m.: Backup Power for Commercial Buildings (submitted for AIA 1.00 LU | IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Propane Education and Research Council director of residential and commercial business development Bryan Cordill
- 3 p.m.–4 p.m.: The State of Wellness in Restroom Design Standards, Strategies, and Solutions for a Post-COVID World (AIA LU/ HSW I IDCEC 0.1 CEU) featuring Bobrick vice president of marketing David Leigh, Bobrick vice president of external affairs Alan Gettelman, and Allynt Solutions CEO Peter Henson
This article has been updated since first publication to reflect the latest programming and speakers.